Gifts for Neighbors Moving Away
Goodbyes are one of the hardest things we have to do in life. Even if we know the goodbye is only temporary, it doesn’t make it any easier to say it. Whether we say goodbye because of death, breakups, moving away or some other reason, each goodbye impacts us in a way that will forever change us.
In the neighborhood I grew up in there were elderly people I had known my whole life and friends I had grown up with. Saying goodbye to those neighbors as they moved and then finally as we moved out of my childhood home was very hard. So here are some gift suggestions to help make those goodbyes a little easier and to keep your neighborhood memories alive forever. The list below features some of the most beautiful goodbye gift ideas for your neighbors when they move away.
- Connect with family and friends no matter the distance. Friendship Lamps allow you to stay connected with loved ones all around the world. Endless amount of people can join your group so everyone stays connected.
- By touching your lamp then the other lamp will light up allowing them to know you are thinking of them, saying hello, or goodnight. Great for family, friends, long distance relationships, college students and more.
- Easily connect to Wi-Fi so you can stay connected from anywhere. Pick from over 250 color options to customize each lamp. Each person can have their own color or can make a game out of it.
- Friendship Lamps are handcrafted in Wichita, Kansas USA. We are proud to manufacture the original Friendship Lamps in the United States of America and each lamp is signed by the creators.
- Download our Friendship Lamp app to set up your lamps and start connecting. You can also stay connected even when you are not near your lamp with the touch of our app.
- Handcrafted wood with distressed paint finish; Features sentiment that reads, "True friends are hard to find. In a lifetime you get only a few. I am so grateful in mine I have you."
- Jewelry box measures 6 x 4 x 2.25 inches; Replace artwork with a 3 x 5 inch personal photo
- Traditional wind-up mechanism engages music to play melodic tune
- Insert photo in functional metal locket; Vintage turn-key lock design to secure your little treasures and keepsakes
- Contained in protective packaging; Ready to be easily gifted for Christmas, Mother's Day, a birthday, or to make any moment special
These gift ideas will help you to say goodbye with style:
When you move away you take a lot of risks and chances. Will you love your new home as much as you thought? Will you like your new neighbors as much as the old ones? Will you adjust to the new area well? Thinking about all these questions can make you nervous! So for the neighbor making the big and risky move, give them this four-leaf clover as a gift for some added luck! With this, probably the best goodbye gift, all neighbors’ risks are sure to pay off for them!
One of the hardest parts of watching someone you care for move away is all the what-ifs. What if I don’t like the new neighbor? What if I never see them again? What if they forget about me and our friendship? With the gift of these unique lamps that are connected to each other, you won’t have to worry about neighbors forgetting you! Simply touch the lamp and theirs will light up as well, reminding you both of the friendship that is still there.
Music is something that brings us all together. It has a way of invoking emotions and expressing our innermost thoughts and feelings better than words ever could. Certain songs have the ability to take us back to a particular moment in time, a place, and the person who was with us – just hearing it can take us right back.
If you have a special neighbor who is leaving, a music box is a great way to remember the moments you shared together. It will always remind them of your friendship and all the memories made.
Memories are precious things we often look back on. Whether it’s by reading old letters or journals or hearing a song we haven’t heard in years, memories are a way of keeping us connected to those we love. Pictures are another great way to stay connected to our memories, looking back on ourselves and the people we’ve grown with. For the neighbor who has been there all along, this electronic photo frame is the perfect way to show how far your friendship has come. You can personalize this gift and make it even better by adding the greatest pictures of you and your neighbors that you have photographed over the years.
The scent is another way for old memories to awaken within us. The smell of fresh pumpkin pie might remind you of the last Thanksgiving your whole family had together before someone passed away. Freshly cut grass might remind you of helping your dad with the yard work. The smell of lemon cleaner might remind you of helping your mom clean. So for the neighbor moving away out of state, this candle is the perfect gift to remind them of the home they are leaving behind.
How about gifting your next-door pal with this awesome trophy? You grew up going to school with your favorite neighbor. In school, they seem to give out trophies for almost everything from math to chess to sporting events. And even though your neighbor has always been a kind person who tried hard, they never seemed to get one of those trophies. So to say goodbye, give them this trophy because they earned it for being the world’s best neighbor!
Friendships seem like a hard thing to maintain in today’s society. With a swipe or click of our finger, we can remove someone from our lives like they never existed. Communication is all done through texts, Facebook comments, and emojis, making it hard to gauge where your friendship stands. So when someone moves away, people worry that the friendship will move away as well. With this book on friendship, you and your neighbor are sure to stay close even though you’re far apart.
Making the decision to move is never an easy one. People move for a variety of reasons. Whatever the reason, moving puts us on a different path, and sometimes along that path we might feel lost. And when we’re lost we need something or someone to help us find our way back. Whether you give this compass as a symbolic gesture or because your neighbor is moving somewhere with a lot of forests, this meaningful gift is sure to help neighbors always find their way back home!
Last update on 2023-07-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API